WITHOUT EXCEPTION, all prints, downloaded or hard copy, products, digital files provided by Jake McWilliams or Dance Studio Pix is under FULL copyright of Jake McWilliams and/or Dance Studio Pix. This copyright is non-transferrable and, with the purchase or download of any of the last products stated, does NOT signify a transfer of ownership of ANY copyrights. Every client receives a limited release document detailing the PERSONAL use and release of the images!
DOWNLOAD The U.S. Copyright Act for further information.
- Once a photo session is registered a 14 day notice of cancellation MUST be given. NO EXCEPTIONS! In an event of an emergency if we can replace you or find an alternative PAYING customer then you will get a partial 50% refund.
- Once the photography session begins there are NO refunds
- Jake McWilliams and his employees PICK/CHOOSE all photos that will be released to the client. ONLY IN AGREE INSTANCES will the client be able to choose finalized products. NEVER will Jake McWilliams or Dance Studio Pix release unedited photos to the client.
- No online galleries or blog/social early sneak peeks will occur until FULL PAYMENT is received.
- Jake McWilliams/Dance Studio Pix reserves the right to suspend the photoshoot until FULL PAYMENT is made and/or necessary documentation is received.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all products will be offered in a DIGITAL FORMAT through secure/unsecure galleries.
- Studio Payment MUST be received – IN FULL – 1 week (7 days) PRIOR to the photoshoot start date.
- All cancellations/refunds made before 14 days of the photoshoot will result in a 100% refund in the same form of payment used to register for a photo session.
- Within the 14 days of the shoot, THERE ARE NO RESCHEDULES, REFUNDS, of CANCELLATIONS.
- In the event of weather, act of god, malfunction of equipment failure, a rescheduling option is allowed.
- If the photoshoot cancels by a declared malfunction or problem created by Jake McWilliams or Dance Studio Pix, a full refund will be issued.
- Jake McWillams and the Staff of Dance Studio Pix work in the highest digital environment as possible. From equipment to software to customer relations, we strive to give the top notch product that we possibly can.
- THERE IS NO PROOFING of photos prior to finalized images are released.
- All prints purchased through our online gallery are subject to printing by a 3rd Party Print House. All questions on orders, shipping, and details must be discussed with them. We have NO ACCESS to your orders.
- ALL ONLINE GALLERIES will be available for 1 calendar year from the date the galleries are released.
- Jake McWilliams & Dance Studio Pix are not responsible for photos being deleted or unavailable after one calendar year.
- From time of shoot to the time clients receive photographs can be between 4-8 weeks.
- If we go over the 8 weeks or come close to it, an email will be issued detailing a forecasted date of receiving the pictures and the reason for the delay.
- No refunds or discounts or extra photos are given for photos being delayed.
- All clients agree to allow Jake McWilliams & Dance Studio Pix to acquire necessary looks/photos/scenes BEFORE the client can introduce theirs. We understand that everyone has a great idea, we just want to make sure we get ours first so nothing is left behind.
- We understand everyone wants to look like a SUPER MODEL… Not everyone is though… We try to keep everything in mind when editing your photographs, age of dancer, quality, ability, overall composition, etc. Any expectations about skin quality or composition should be agreed upon before the shoot.
- We have duplicated eyes, arms, heads, feet, etc. BUT WE HATE DOING THIS! Please be prepared for the end result at the START OF THE SHOOT! Keep in mind, you get what you put in!
During The Shoot:
- UNLESS agreed upon by the PHOTOGRAPHER, NO PARENTS OR GUESTS are allowed to be present or within 150 feet(outside) of the photoshoot. Parents will be given a designated waiting area.
- All dancers under the age of 18 must have one parent or guardian present during the shoot at all times. If an photographic assistant is there, only then can the parent/guardian leave. This is to protect everyone and ensure the safety of your dancer.
- No additional cameras are allowed at or around the photoshoot. It is distracting and can add more pressure to the dancers.
- All dancers under the age of 10 must have an assistant/teacher present to make sure the photoshoot is done smoothly. Any dancers 10 and above DO NOT require another “helping hand”. (this is to help with poses)
- PROMO/BRANDING shoots DO NOT exceed 2 hrs or 400 photographs, whichever comes first. Each client will receive a max of 50(finalized) general release photographs for their dance studio/school to use within marketing/website/ads/etc.
- NO PHOTOS are allowed to be sold individually to clients or other companies. The studio forfeits ALL photographs when/if the studio is sold. No photographs/products can be CLAIMED as assets to the company.
- All studios release any damages that may occur to the studio during a photoshoot. As Jake McWilliams & Dance Studio Pix will try their very best to ensure a clean “leave it better than you got it” facility (room of photographs), we recommend a hired professional cleaning company to follow our event.
- Unless otherwise discussed all travel expenses are up to Jake McWilliams & Dance Studio Pix.
- All studios agree that the photographs taken with Jake McWilliams and/or Dance Studio Pix are fully released from the studio and it’s clients. All dancers/parents are required to sign a release PRIOR to their photoshoot. This release will be available via email.
- All studios will receive information on our day rates by PHONE CALLS ONLY!
- Once an agreed upon date, cost, and style of shoot, a contract is sent and must be completed in 48 hrs to hold that specific date.
- All dancers will receive an online gallery that can be accessed by other dance members from your studio but not the outside dance community. All studio folders are locked with a password that will be given upon delivery of the photographs.
- All Studios may use these photos for their marketing purposes – Jake McWilliams and Dance Studio Pix reserve the right to “pull” any photos from the studio’s marking if we feel it lessens the quality of the photograph.
- All photographs used by the the studio isn’t required to be tagged with our brand but we certainly love and respect when you do!
- These photoshoots are done by the same photography style but also a POINT OF SALE, that is ran and controlled by Jake McWilliams & Dance Studio Pix.
- Each dancer will receive an online gallery where they can download, post, print, share their photos.
- All descreptances are handled by your client contacting us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All recital shoots require a $500-$1000 deposit that is refunded 1 week after the event.
- Studios are required to reimburse Dance Studio Pix for the purchase of any backgrounds used for the event.
- All photographs are release to the studio to be used with our “Marketing Guidelines”.
- Any and all questions should be asked AT LEAST 10 days before any shoot. Contact Jake at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- First off THIS WILL BE A BLAST! All shoots will have detailed explanation via email about 1-2 weeks prior to the shoot.
- Time slots CANNOT be changed unless there is spaces open. We will try to accommodate everyone. The schedule is FINAL one week prior to the photoshoot.
- One Action/Powder photoshoot is NOT transferable to another.
- Each time slot will be shared with 4-5 other dancers from other dance studios (unless this is scheduled through a dance studio).
- Parents and/or Teachers may not stay in the room while the shoot is going on
- Photos are delivered in ONLINE galleries only
- Some specific photoshoots will require abilities, ages, styles, etc. Double make sure the photoshoot is right for your dancer.
- All dancers will require a photo release that will be emailed and required to be signed prior to the start of the shoot.
Things To Think About…
From Jake McWilliams
With a million and one photographers out there… oops a million and two, because thats how fast they are becoming, I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be a part of your dance studio/dancer’s life! My journey as a dancer has taken me across 49 states and has put me in front of some of the biggest stars known! Even though I’m too old to keep up with the young bucks, I still find myself traveling and being “in” the dance world. So thank you!!!
Photography, especially for dancers, has given me a new outlook on the industry as a hole… you learn a ton of new things and LET ME TELL YOU… experience it all!
If you could spare me a few minutes of thinking, read the following..
For The Studio Owner…
I understand abilities. I take the photograph showcasing GOOD TECHNIQUE, pose, and overall composition of the dancer/environment. I keep in mind, dancer structure, ability, personality, outfits, hair, makeup, etc. NO I will not take photos of dancers NOT READY to do that pose. I Promise, I’ll say no. Remember it’s not your photo, not the parent’s, it is the dancer’s (and mine technically)! Photographs can inspire… I’m here to keep the dancer happy and driven to be better and better each and every day! I never want them to get a photo back that makes them feel less of themselves.
Working with competitions for over 15 years I always found this question come up. “WHY DIDN’T <place routine name here> WIN!?!?!?” Listening to the competition directors get cornered with question was always a sight to see. But when it came down to it they answered with “It wasn’t their day… take 3 other judges on any other given day and I’m sure the results will be different”… the real answer is, go back to the drawing board and work harder or find a different angle. For me, a picture CAPTURES that moment. The worst is capturing a dancer at their lowest point. TRUST ME, it’s no good. I will work with you as best as possible but PLEASE trust me, when I go another direction it’s for a good reason!
For The Parent…
I am a father of two… 2 year old Cruz & 3 year old Kannon… It’s a crazy beautiful life lol.
I AM NOT THEIR PHOTOGRAPHER… I suck at taking their photos! I literally have 10 I love (made the cut) out of tens of thousands I’ve taken of them. I leave it up to other photographers!
Like discussed above… It wasn’t their day… We as parents understand they have a mind of themselves. NO MATTER how well we dress them, do their hair, bribe them with something, when the shutter is taken, it is up to them to make the photo. Unless the photo wasn’t taken correctly, I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER blame the photographer. My kids are humans and always DO WHAT THEY WANT. Asking for the photographer to switch eyes or smiles or anything NOT ORGANIC is not a question I ask. We’ve relaxed as parents when it comes to the photoshoots… we trust the photographers… and honestly we are beyond happy with all our amazing photographs! Sometimes a little bit of hope and crossed fingers is all you need ; )
For The Dancers…
Within about 10 seconds of seeing you walk in and warm up I’ll understand to what degree of craziness the photoshoot will have. Whether we are beginners or the next superstar we’ll have a blast. I get crazy and have fun… life is too short.
Please be passionate about your shoot! Parents pay a lot of mula for your dance… do some homework…
Within the first 10 seconds I’ll know what direction to go but to really understand what dance means to you I won’t be able to understand maybe ever… Do your homework and find what inspires you and what you want captured. Research dance poses on the internet!!! You can always see the difference in pictures when someone comes prepared to the shoot! If everything you were was to be put on a PRINTED CANVAS, what pose would be???
A little something something for my Makeup Artist too… DRINK TONS OF WATER a few days before the shoot… It helps with skin : )
A lot of photographers in the world are weird (no offense to any)… lol… but really really different people lol… you’ll find I’m a fun dance teacher with a camera! PARTY TIME!
SEE YOU ALL SOON!